Annual JDRF Giving Day FAQs
1st June 2023
- Woolf pack just donated $131.88
- Olivia White just donated $250.00
- David Madeley just donated $52.75
- Dorothy Libbesson just donated $1000.00
- Rachael Whittaker just donated $26.38
- Alison Iverach just donated $263.75
- Kirsten McMahon just donated $52.75
- Cazz just donated $26.38
- Denise Kostoulias just donated $101.00
- Ash & Kate x just donated $26.13
- Tim &geena just donated $158.25
- family and friends donations received at funeral- thankyou just donated $795.00
- Les and Eve Cupper just donated $5020.00
- Jenny-Anne Fryett just donated $350.00
- neil simons just donated $648.00
- Anonymous just donated $26.38
- Anonymous just donated $520.00
- Anonymous just donated $120.00
- Rob & Vicki Serapiglia just donated $101.00
- Nouls, Saki & Aleka Missihronis just donated $100.00
Got questions? We've got answers.
But what does it all mean and how can you get involved? Keep reading as we answer your frequently asked questions.
General Giving Day
What is JDRF Australia’s Annual Giving Day?
Our Annual Giving Day provides an opportunity for the type 1 diabetes community to raise critical funding for research. We all know that research holds the key to curing type 1 diabetes. This is your chance to make a HUGE difference in type 1 diabetes research since all your donations will be matched and doubled by our generous partners!
When does it start?
Giving Day is on the 1st of June and lasts for 24 hours. On this day, you will be able to see donations being matched live.
Can I donate before 1st June?
Yes! Donations received at https://jdrfgivingday.funraisin.com.au/ will be used to support our Annual Giving Day. If you want to donate sooner, it will still be counted towards our goal amount; however, it will not appear on the page on June 1st. You'll see your donation as well as any messages you've left on the website.
What can I do to spread the word?
You can share the JDRF Giving Day page with your friends, family and colleagues on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or via email. The more you share, the more chances of us getting closer to our target on the day!
I’ve set up my team, where can I see my team page?
Once you’ve set up your team, you will get an email with a link to your personalised team page which you can share with family and friends. On June 1st, you’ll also be able to see your Team appear in the Team carousel on the Giving Day home page.
How are donations being matched?
Our Giving Day platform allows gift-matching so every time someone donates at https://jdrfgivingday.funraisin.com.au/, our pool of generous corporates and individual supporters are able to match it.
Who are the donation matching donors?
Corporate organisations and high-profile JDRF supporters make up the majority of the donation matches. You can see all of them in our Matchers carousel on the Giving Day page.
What amount of my donation is tax deductible?
Your original donation amount, before matching, will be visible in a tax-deductible receipt and emailed to you once it has been confirmed.
Where does my money go?
Funds from our Annual Giving Day will go towards vital supporting vital type 1 diabetes (T1D) research in Australia to help us achieve our vision of a world without T1D. You can find out more about our ongoing type 1 diabetes research on our research page.
G1ve today to end T1D tomorrow!
Follow us on our socials for the latest news!